Zug: "Ships Agency - From A-Z" Workshop
Unable to attend? Register your interest
Sign up here if you would like to be informed about future workshops being held in Switzerland
WSS Switzerland invites you to join our upcoming workshop covering Agency from A-Z. The workshop is designed for all professionals within the shipping and trading industry, and takes place in Zug 23rd of March. ( There is also a session held in our office in Geneva on 1st of March.)
Topics covered during the workshop:
- Clarifying the role and function of the agent on board the ship as well as discussing the different types of agency services, and which party in the chain requires what service.
- Explain, clarify and discuss who the ship agent’s customer is and the difference between an appointment and a nomination. In addition, highlight what you can expect from the agent you nominate or appoint.
- Describe the information communicated by the agent as well as the documents drafted and issued.
- Discuss and explain financial transactions involved between the principals and the ship agents, as well as which type of insurances are required to cover the activity.
- Provide practical case studies highlighting the importance of having a good and reliable ship agent .
Lunch will be served.
Sign up before 10 March by filling in the form below or contacting Anita / Killian at +41 22 304 40 90
Seats are limited and will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Register now to reserve your spot.
*Also available on request and at other locations.
I found the Ships Agency Workshop interesting and it gave detailed explanation on a ship agent’s role. I have also learnt more on Protective Agency for charterers side as well as I have a clear understanding between nomination and appointment. I highly recommend for other operators to attend the workshop.
Linda Loja – Trade Operations Dry Bulk – Yara Switzerland