Jon Helge Ulstein , Vessel Manager
Operating scrubbers come with it’s own challenges. Like any other systems, scrubbers need to be maintained and operated according to maker specifications. This is all within day-to-day ship operations when you have the right processes and management.
We have prepared useful slides highlighting a few key challenges when operating scrubbers. Included within are:
- Common problems encountered during sludge handling where some ports are unfamiliar with the EU Waste Directive
- Differences of sulfur requirements by geography
- Acceptable scrubber-types at ports due to the local wash water regulations
- Possible malfunction of monitoring equipment
- Scrubber water testing
- Calibration schedule and roles segregation
- Training for equipment
- Caustic soda handling
Download this presentation to for our recommended solutions for the challenges above.
Disclaimer : While care has been taken to ensure the information in this publication is accurate, this is a general guide and not intended to be relied on for any specific purpose. Wilhelmsen Ship Management Holding Limited and its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible for any errors or consequences arising therefrom. If you would like to reproduce any part of this publication, please seek our prior approval.